COMPLIANCE/OPERATION MANAGER – PUERTO RICO
Our client is a Puerto Rico based, boutique international bank and investment firm which is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to ensure that their operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal, regulatory and internal rules. Position reports directly to the Chief Compliance & Legal Officer.
You will review the entire client life cycle (account opening, transaction monitoring, ongoing reviews, account closure, etc.) and provide advice on compliance.
To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with risk management and the industry’s regulatory requirements.
Their client base is international and the team is multicultural. Your goal will be to ensure they operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting their business objectives.
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate business activities (e.g., client onboarding, transactions, etc.) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Understanding of SWIFT and Federal Reserve Bank processes and procedures
- Familiar with obtaining and operating a Federal Reserve account (both on- and offline)
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Knowledgeable with Fintech
- Business acumen
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field
Fluent English and Spanish is required, additional languages preferred.